- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 21/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped rhubarb
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Beat brown sugar, oil, buttermilk, egg, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl. Mix flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add to brown sugar mixture and stir until blended. Stir in rhubarb and nuts.
- Turn into 2 greased 8 X 4 X 2-inch loaf pans. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar over each.
- Bake at 325F for 1 hour or until done. Makes 2 loaves.
Enjoy your basic rhubarb bread!