Skip to content
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter or margarine
- 4 cups fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/8 tsp sugar
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 envelopes Knox gelatin
- 4 to 6 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Press into the greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Bake at 350F for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are lightly brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
- In the saucepan, bring rhubarb, sugar, 1/3 cup water and salt to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender, stirring occasionally.
- In the small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Stir in rhubarb mixture.
- Cook and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in coloring, optional. Cover and refrigerate until cooled, about 2 hours.
- Fold in whipped cream. Spread over crust. Cover and refrigerate for about 3 hours or until set.
- Cut into squares. Freezes well, good the next day too.